Learn How To stream movies and other media directly onto your Nintendo Wii U from your PC using Plex Media Server for FREE!!
This setup is so easy and simple to do that I bet even your Gran could do it using this tutorial!
Video includes Installation, setup and demonstration of Plex on a PC then a Wii U.
Steps in this video:
1. Go to and sign up.
2. Install Plex software from
3. Sign into software with account created
4. Add Library for your videos or photos
5. Jump over to Wii U and open Internet Browser
6. Browse to
7. Login with account you created on PC
8. Click Launch (Top Right)
9. Access your Media
10. Click Like on this video then Comment nicely! 🙂
Current Known issues with this setup:
– The web interface sometimes becomes choppy when browsing through lots of content. Just scroll down slowly and it should be ok. This doesn’t affect the quality of the playback.
– Plex supports Music playback but it doesn’t appear to work in the WiiU browser. Awaiting confirmation on update to fix this.
– Plex doesn’t allow Surround Sound streaming (e.g – DTS 5.1) through the Web UI. So no surround sound on the WiiU currently.
Please let us know any other issues you encounter and we will update the video description.
Thanks for watching!
● Another How To Episode: Softmod Wii to play Retro Games –
● Help our channel grow ●
➜ Like, Favourite & Share with your friends;
➜ Comment on it, your feedback is really valuable;
● Connect with us ●
➜ Our Retro Gaming Channel:
➜ Go check out our website – www.TheGamesShed.com
● TAGS ●
tgsnextgen,the games shed,Plex (Software),wii u media centre,wii u media center,wii u plex,wii u video stream,wii u media stream,wii plex,wii video stream,play movies wii u,photos wii u,music wii u,stream music wii u,nintendo wii u stream,plex nintendo,plex streaming,plex,wii u,nintendo,how to,video game,next gen