My review of the Autel EVO, Yes I paid for this drone I did not receive any compensation for my review.
1) great stable video even at 45mph
2) avoidance collision system
3) has beginner mode
4) controller has a 3.3 OLED display on the controller you don’t need to use a tablet or smartphone, but I would
5) many modes for video and pictures video goes from 720p to 4k+ you can adjust your frames per second up to 60fps @4k nice
6) you can do YouTube Live!
7) batteries last for 20 to 30 mins depends on speed
8) confidence is flying, never felt 100% comfortable with flying until this drone
9) still need to calibrate before flights
10) firmware updates are displayed on the controller of you have multiple batteries you need to update the firmware on each of them as well
11) I bought the rugged pack, with 2 spare batteries and spare props, shop around for free shipping and no tax, Autel set the selling price so amazon and eBay are the same cost
12) I never had to contact but Autel’s support seems easy to get a hold of
13) drone is foldable like other brands
14) by far my favorite drone
(afterthought…. The OLED Controller display has no screen protection to it, so I removed one from one of my retired phones did a rough cut and placed it over the display of the controller…. did the trick, I can’t post a picture of it, but you get the idea)
I still like my MJX Bugs and my Holy Stones but they are toy grade….this is not
As I stated this drone does have beginner mode, if this is your first drone watch videos or this video and get to know the basics and remember if you are in the USA the FAA has rules you need to know
1) maximum height 122m or 400ft
2) fly LOS or Line of Sight
3) no public parks or anyplace with a crowd….
read more from the FAA website