In video #140 we hacked the new IKEA Trådfri Smart lighting system using the remote control as a basis. It worked, but had some major disadvantages.
Today, we will use an IKEA gateway and do it right!
– We will eliminate the problems of the current hack
– We will install and pair the gateway with two different bulbs
– We will learn how the system communicates
– We will switch the lights using Node-Red on our Raspberry Pi. Like that, we can use MQTT or many other tools to switch the lights
– We will switch the lights with a normal Linux command
– We will install a Python wrapper. You can use this wrapper as a basis for your own programs
– We will see the CoAP protocol , which was introduced in the last video, in action
– At the end, as promised, I will reveal a “hot” secret about the IKEA bulbs.
We also will use AdvancedIP Scanner to find the IP address of our Gateway
Supporting Material and Blog Page:
If you want to support the channel and buy from Banggood use this link to start your shopping: (no additional charges for you)